9.23.2013

the downfall of sun/pluto//pluto/sun

Elsa's latest blog post:  elsaelsa: whose fault is it if you're triggered

This immediately made me think of my former boss..  my sun squares her pluto,  her sun squares my pluto.  We were a time bomb.  Like two opposing armies just laying in wait for the right moment to attack.  She is subversive, sneaky, cruel, vindictive and spiteful.  I had the power of the respect of everyone beneath me.  She had/has the power of executive protection.  When I first started working, it was very easy to avoid her.  When I was promoted closer to her, I still had the tenacity to play along and appease her.  But, as I bore witness to more and more insidiousness, I found it harder and harder to stay complacent and obedient. 

The beginning of the end came when she tried to denigrate another employee.  She attempted to report an unjust claim against this other woman, and I stood up in defense.  I cannot and will not ever sit idly when there is an injustice.  My boss was wrong, plain and simple..  but I instantly became the enemy because I spoke out against her.  She quickly turned all that subversive and vindictive energy towards me.  I had spent years watching her wield her shit at everyone else in the department for various nonsensical reasons, and after avoiding her onslaught for so long it was finally my turn to be her whipping post..  Well, I don't play that way. 

She is not competent.  For years I was required to hand write monthly schedules for the holidays, filling out each day by hand on a blank calendar.  I had to do this 20 times over for each of my team members, spreading the whole mess out across tables to make sure they all fit together properly.  It was ridiculous.  I explained to her that it would be so much easier to just build a spread sheet to write out the schedules, but she refused because she doesn't know how to use technology.  I was forced to work as if it were the 1980's, because she couldn't be bothered to learn to use the tools of the new century (now over a decade in full swing). 

I knew that writing the schedules would be a full day of laborious torture sitting next to her, papers spread all over.  So I attempted to get a head start.  I also had my team already asking about schedules as they all had lives and needed to start planning things out for themselves.  I asked several times about the availability of one of our backup people and was ignored each time.  Eventually I said screw it and sat down at home and drew up all the schedules on a spread sheet like I had always wanted to do.  It took a fraction of the time like I knew it would. 

She was livid.  I had made her look bad.  I proved her incompetence with a simple act that everyone appreciated.

It was all out war. 

Over the next few months, she attempted to report me to the head of HR, flat out lying in an email that claimed I was acting as a rogue, upsetting my team and trying to undermine her.  She then readdressed the email to me half way through, stating that she was my boss, and if I didn't do what she wanted, when she wanted and how she wanted it done she would ask me to step down.  I walked straight into the office of the president and told him she was a lunatic and a dinosaur, that if he left her in charge she would eventually destroy everything we had built. 

But the president of the company couldn't do anything..  she was under the wing of his father who started the company.  His father put her in place long before anyone else came along, and she insisted on running the department exactly how she did it in the early 90's.  I was told to keep my mouth shut and play nice, or go somewhere else because she wasn't leaving.  I even went and sat in a meeting with both she and the president, where I forced myself to apologize to her and put on a whole subservient load of crap -show. 

I agreed to continue with plans for a team meeting and informational session, but she wanted nothing to do with my plans.  She specifically asked me to plan out a workshop day, and when I gave her my plans she flat out rejected every bit of them claiming that she needed to instruct, no allow a free discussion.  She told me that allowing a free discussion would turn into a bitch fest and nothing would be accomplished.  I told her that if allowing other people to speak had always resulted in a bitch fest under her command then she must not have the ability to lead a group and should probably step aside.  She stopped speaking to me at that point. 

Then my grandmother died.  It was long in coming, but I was still devastated.  I emailed her stating that I was removing myself from any involvement with the workshop and would be absent from work for the next few days.  She conducted the meeting on her own, and my team purposefully spoke over her all day and intentionally made her look like an idiot as best they could.  I met my mother at the office that day as she needed to pick up supplies for the floral work for the funeral.  The president of the companies father took my mother aside and told her how great I was.  The bitch boss did the same..  my mother didn't realize it was her until after.  If she had, she may have hit her in her broken and grieving moments so soon after gram passed. 

Then we had our biggest holiday.  We did better than ever before.  No one had any major problems because I made sure she stayed as far removed as possible.  It was incredible.  I busted my ass to no end, but for the first time I didn't break down from stress and exhaustion.  My team did what they needed, and I was proud of them.  She could go suck herself for all I cared.  But I was still tired, and looked forward to a break. 

I went on vacation.  While away, she went behind my back and made up all of the schedules for the next holiday.  When I returned, she waited until after business hours the following day to send me email telling me that she had done this for me.  She was going on vacation the next morning, so I couldn't even respond.  I took the schedules, that I knew were ineffective and sent them to my team.  I explained that if they had any problems they would have to contact my boss directly because I had no part in writing them out.  I went on to explain to them everything that had gone down in the previous months because I wanted them to know the truth.  I told them she was vindictive and spiteful, and not to be trusted. 

Well..  one of them wasn't to be trusted either, and they forwarded my email to her.  She never contacted me again, but went directly to the president and demanded that I be removed.  No one told me this had happened.  They let me ride through that last month without any problems because they knew they couldn't do the job without me.  Then, when I went in for a department meeting that turned out to be cancelled (without anyone telling me), they took me aside and terminated my position. 

After the initial panic, I never felt more relieved.  I could breath.  I stopped waking up in the middle of the night because my dreams were angry.  I stopped finding myself screaming obscenities at the evil woman while driving down the highway.  I stopped crying out of sheer frustration.  I no longer had a job, but I was free.

Since leaving, several of my team members have also left.  Those that remain have struggled as the whole system continues to crumble around them. 

Sun square pluto is about power and exerting power over others.  When this occurs reciprocally in synastry, it will be devastating.  The ego self of one person pitted against the deepest drive and force of another person is quite a matchup..  now imagine that going both ways and see how the titans clash.

1 comment:

  1. I wondered what happened. Ugh. Sorry, man. You have 10th House Pluto too, right?

    Thinking about you & your family, and hoping you are doing ok.

    ReplyDelete